Sunday 1 March 2015

Leonard Nimoy



I was really upset when I heard the news about Leonard Nimoy's death the other day. I was in a pizza place, waiting for my order when I read the news on my phone. I nearly cried. Star Trek was such a massive part of our upbringing. Dad was mildly obsessed. We had a load of episodes on VHS and we'd regularly watch them on weekend mornings before my parents got up. We had so many Star Trek toys and book and whenever we'd play Star Trek, I was Mr. Spock. I vaguely remember playing a Star Trek RPG when I was in school and I played a science officer just like Spock. Also our latest obsession on the TV was Fringe which Leonard Nimoy played such a huge part in.

It's lovely reading all the nice things people close to him are saying on Twitter etc. It's nice to know that he was a lovely man that everyone enjoyed working with and just being with. I'm genuinely going to miss seeing him on my screens. The first celebrity death that has truly affected me.

Live long and prosper x

No comments:

Post a Comment